The music industry will come together for one of the most important events on the Victorian music calendar when annual music summit Face The Music returns to the Arts Centre for its fourth year on Friday 18 and Saturday 19 November, 2011! The non-profit event, now in its fourth year, provides the Victorian and Melbourne music community with a platform for professional and creative career development. The two day event features presentations, discussions, artist development, networking, live music, practical workshops and the hottest tips and tools to give your music the edge.
Download the Face The Music 2011 program as a PDF or follow the links below to view the program online.
Friday 18 November 10.00am – 5.00pm
- Welcoming Address
- Keynote Interview: Brent Grulke
- The Live Landscape
- Making Mu$ic: Leveraging Your Copyrights
- Follow The Money
- Festivals of the World
- What’s Your Story? Tell It!
- The Good, The Bad & The Perfect Lyric
- Feature Interview with Dan Rosen (ARIA/PPCA), The Australia Music Industry: Where are we going & how do we get there?
- Away & Abroad
- Sounds of the City
- Doing It The Indie Way
Saturday 19 November 10.00am – 7.00pm
- Great Music Cities
- Viral Marketing is a Scam – Tell Everybody
- APRA Songwriter Speaks with Paul Mac
- What’s Mine Is Yours
- Feature Interview: Ted Gardner
- Your Global Presence at International Trade Fairs
- Live Performance
- Wanted: Artist Management
- More Cowbell
- Releasing Internationally
- Release Me
- Regional Touring
- Post Event Networking
Workshops Saturday 19 November
Workshop places are limited and are by prior appointment. Check registration desk for session availability and venue information.
- Band Agreement Presentation
- Artist Development
- APRA Songwriting Masterclass with Jarrad Brown (Eagle & The Worm)
- Music Markets 1 & 2
- Introduction to Pro-Tools
- Introduction to Reason