Melbourne Music City: An Endangered Species?
January 1, 1970
Presented by Music Victoria
Day: Friday 16 November, 2012
Time: 1.45 – 2.45pm
Location: Fairfax Studio, the Arts Centre (Level 3)
The State Government set up the Live Music Roundtable earlier this year to monitor ongoing issues faced by the industry. Members of the Roundtable will discuss the key issues and explain the complexities and priorities, provide an update on progress on areas such as regulatory reform and barriers for under age gigs, and discuss what needs to be done to maintain our vibrant live music scene.
- Ashley Admiraal (Planning & Environment Advisor, Music Victoria / FairGo4LiveMusic)
- Dr Kate Shaw (Future Fellow in Urban Planning & Geography, University of Melbourne)
- Matthew Minchin (Senior Manager Portfolio Strategy – Environmental Policy Division, Department of Sustainability)
- Patrick Donovan (CEO, Music Victoria)
- Associate Professor Shane Homan (Music/Cultural Policy Researcher, Monash University)